SWOP Clothing Exchange Pty Ltd (ABN 26601615605) (“SWOP”, “we”, “us”, “our”) respects your right to privacy and this policy sets out how we collect and manage your personal information, including personal information collected via www.swop.net.au (“our website”).
1. What personal information we collect
We may collect and hold the following types of personal information from you: name; address; phone number; email address; IP address of the computer you are using; information about the goods you have ordered or are supplying; information from enquiries you have made; communications between us; credit card information; and age.
2. How we collect your personal information
3. Use of your personal information
We need your personal information to provide you with our products and/or services, which includes informing you (such as via direct marketing) about our products and/or services, creating and updating our databases, ensuring compliance with our contractual and other legal obligations to you, conducting trade promotions, and administering our relationship with you by responding to your enquiries (“Main Purposes”). If you do not provide us with your personal information we may not be able to carry out or fulfil some or all of the Main Purposes. We may use your personal information to provide you with information, updates and our services. We also use it to improve our services and our website and to notify you of opportunities that we think you might be interested in. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs. We may also use your personal information:
- for any purpose disclosed to you in an information collection statement at the point where we collect your personal information; or
- for a purpose related to one of the Main Purposes.
We do not generally provide your information to third parties, except that we may provide your information to our business partners and service providers who assist us in connection with our website and our business. We may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, SMS or mail.
4. Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information, and by providing personal information to us you consent to us disclosing that information, as follows:
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services.
- We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of SWOP Clothing Exchange Pty Ltd, www.swop.net.au, its customers or third parties.
- Information that we collect may from time to time may be stored, processed in, or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia. We may store your Personal Information in locations outside the direct control of SWOP Clothing Exchange Pty Ltd, for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
5. Security of your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
6. Access to your personal information
You are solely responsible for ensuring that your personal information is accurate, current, and complete. You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of Australian Privacy Law. A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection, we may require you to confirm your identity before access to your personal information is granted.
You may opt out of any future contact from us at any time. You may also ask us to change, correct, destroy, or return any of your personal information that we hold. We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
You have the right to request to remain anonymous in any dealings or communications you may have with us, but we may not be able to provide you with goods or services on that basis.
8. Complaints and Queries
If you have any complaints or queries about our privacy practices, please send in details of your complaints via email to email@example.com.
We take complaints very seriously and will typically respond to any complaints or queries within 5 business days after receiving written notice of your complaint. We may ask you to provide more information to assist us in responding to your complaint or query.
If we cannot resolve a complaint or query related to your privacy, or otherwise at any time, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC”) directly.
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, please visit the OAIC website at www.oaic.gov.au.
10. Other Information
When you visit our website (www.swop.net.au) we may automatically collect certain technical information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.